Wednesday 19 February 2014

A Spontaneous Decision

 

After resigning from my awesome job of 7 seven years, I am on the hunt for a new one and it feels very depressing.  I find that the people you (try) to interact with in HR departments are really, really rude and unsympathetic. Last week I applied for a volunteering position with ABV (Australian Business Volunteers) www.abv.org.au and what a totally different experience it has been. Soooo nice, and really what all companies should be doing. They have been proactive, communicating constantly and have a quick recruitment process. A pleasant experience!  And today I got word that I have been successful in my application! Yah!

 I will be going to Vanuatu, for 3 months, to help the Vanuatu National Training Council build or plan a database. Very cool! Vanuatu always has been on my holiday list for a spectacular scuba diving destination. So here we come!  I leave Perth on the 27th March. ABV will pay flights/accommodation/ $1200 per month (therefore it is called a ‘volunteering’ job). And I will include a 2 week holiday at the beginning of the assignment. I will be back home in 6th July. Now it is sooo nice to have something on the horizon! It feels much better.  So, hopefully a real-paying job will be next!




No comments:

Post a Comment